Agro paris tech, France
Amandine Flourat is researcher and head of chemistry department at Chaire ABI from 2012. The aim of Chaire ABI is the valorization of agricultural coproducts through microbiology, process engineering and green chemistry. Amandine Flourat develops new synthetic pathways using biocatalyst and biobased products to access high value molecules and new polymers.
Climate change and the depletion of fossil resources lead to a transformation of polymer industry. Now, demands are for sustainable polymers offering a wide range of applications. In this mood, we dedicated our self to the synthesis and the characterization of a new class of biobased aromatic polymers able to be degraded in aqueous media presenting a wide range of properties. To know about the potential field of application, we studied thermal stabilities, determined by ATG, which are higher than 270 °C, and glass transition temperatures. These ones are tunable depending of monomers’ flexibility and hydrogen bonding but always superior at 100°C. Then antiradical activities are determined by DPPH scavenging test. Whereas antimicrobial properties are tested on Gram + and Gram - bacteria.
1. Jaufurally, Abdus S.; Teixeira, Andreia R. S.; Hollande, Louis; Allais, Florent; Ducrot, Paul-Henri Optimization of the Laccase-Catalyzed Synthesis of (±)-Syringaresinol and Study of its Thermal and Antiradical Activities ChemistrySelect 2016, 1, 16, 5165-5171.
2. Reano, Armando F.; Pion, Florian; Domenek, Sandra; Ducrot, Paul-Henri; Allais, Florent Chemo-enzymatic preparation and characterization of renewable oligomers with bisguaiacol moieties: promising sustainable antiradical/antioxidant additives Green Chemistry 2016, 18, 11, 3334-3345
3. Reano, Armando F.; Cherubin, Julie; Peru, Aurelien M. M.; Wang, Qiao; Clement, Tiphaine; Domenek, Sandra; Allais, Florent Structure-Activity Relationships and Structural Design Optimization of a Series of p-Hydroxycinnamic Acids-Based Bis- and Trisphenols as Novel Sustainable Antiradical/Antioxidant Additives ACS Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering 2015, 3 12, 3486-3496
4. Kaufman, Teodoro S. The multiple faces of Eugenol J. Braz. Chem. Soc. 2015, 26, 1055-1085
5. Fache, Maxence ; Boutevin, Bernard ; Caillol, Sylvain Vanillin, a key intermediate of biobased polymers Eur. Polym. J. 2015, 68, 488-502